Sat hike: Lady Maclehose Village to Sai Wan

  • Jane Futter
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2008
      Two Beach Circular Walk

      Meet: Sai Kung bus stop 92

      Time: 9.50, in good time for the 92 bus at 10:00

      Bring: Swimming things, plenty of water, lunch, snacks, sunblock.

      Grade: Moderate

      Leaders: Jane (93843252) and Lorraine(98508003)

      Here's your chance to have a lovely beachy day, with plenty of swimming and time to relax beside the sea.
      We'll catch the bus to Lady Maclehose Village. A steep, long climb will take us up to the Lok Wu plateau. Then it's steeply down the other side to reach our lunch spot beside the river. There is a beautiful waterfall pool here, and there will be time to have a swim. After lunch, we'll continue on to Sai Wan beach, where you can have a snack (bean curd with ginger sauce...yummy!) and another swim before climbing over the hill to Ham Tin beach and another possible swim. The walk out from here takes about 1.5 hours, and gets us back to the 92 bus route.
      If anyone would like to stay over for the night at Sai Wan, simple accommodation is available. Contact Jane for more information.
      See you there!