Protest without leaving home - Lights Out 8pm Aug 8

  • Christine Loeffler
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 25 12:50 AM
      dear all,

      i got this and i find we are all happy if we can walk /hike in clean air.
      so prepare your candles!

      see you christine

      Dear readers,

      Lights Out Hong Kong is a simple way to get a message about pollution
      across
      to those that should be listening.

      On the 8th of August at 8pm we want everyone in Hong Kong to turn out
      their
      lights for three minutes, in a silent protest about the quality of the air
      that we breathe.

      We can no longer claim ignorance about the effects of pollution or
      continue
      to turn a blind eye. We teach our students the importance of caring for
      the
      world they live in, but what example do we set?

      The message is clear. The idea is simple. This will work but word needs
      spread. Here's what you can do:

      - Forward this email to everyone you know in HK and spread the word

      - Print and display the posters (attached)

      - Add this link to your school website and most importantly get the
      students
      involved

      - Turn off all your lights - 8pm on 8th August - for 3 minutes.

      Thank you for your help.

      LIGHTS OUT HK - Education Group

      - Print and display the posters (attached)

      - Visit our website:
      http://www.lightsout.com.hk/
      Check out AirCon25 club - no need to turn
      aircons to subartic temperatures! waste of energy = more pollution

      Please be advised that the information contained herein is confidential and intended only for use by the individual stated above. If you are not the named recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, distribution, dissemination, or copying is prohibited. If this information has been directed to you in error, please contact the sender immediately at the telephone number listed above.