walk

  • Stephen
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 2, 2002
      Saturday, 6th April

      Sai Kung - Ma on Shan - Shatin

      Meeting place: 9am at Choi Hung MTR (Hang Seng bank beside exit B). From there we take the no 1 minibus to Sai kung - approx 40 minutes. Alternatively 9.45am at bus terminus in Sai kung.

      From Sai Kung we take the no 299 bus to the beginning of stage four of the Maclehose trail - approx 10 minutes. We then walk up stage four to about 200 metres below ma on shan. We then turn right up to the summit. From the top we go up and down the ridges "The hunch backs" (ngau ngak shan and tiu shau ngam) before decending to ma on shan tsuen and on to tai shui hang. From there we can get a bus/taxi for the short trip into sha tin and lunch at a yet to be named chinese restaurant.

      This walk should take between four to four and half hours and could be considered strenuous. On the bright side the views are spectacular.

      walk leader: S Rogers (m) 61024465

    • Stephen
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 31 6:59 PM
        For anyone interesting in joining the walk on Saturday 3rd August we will meet in Tong Fuk (bus stop main road) at 1PM, then take either the Tai O or Monastery bus to the near side of the reservoir. From there we follow the path along the reservoir for approx three kms before turning right up the ridge towards the small plateau above the reservoir (scene of the infamous rope assisted rock climbing act earlier in the year). From there, depending on the heat and time of day, we can either (A) climb on up to join the steps from the monastery to Lantau Peak and turn back down the steps to the monastery, getting the bus back to Tong Fuk or (B) cross the small plateau and come back down another ridge to the reservoir. Walk A can be considered strenuous and walk B moderate. Both have excellent views and should take 3-4 hours. S Rogers (m) 61024465

      • Stephen
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 13, 2002
          Exploratory walk on Saturday 17th August will be out in the new territories in the Sha Lo Tung/Cloudy Hill area. For anyone interested meeting arrangements are 8.30AM at the verandah at the FCC for breakfast or alternatively 10AM at Tai PO KCR station. contact S Rogers (m) 61024465.

        • Stephen
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 27, 2002
            Exploratory walk this Saturday 31st august will be in the Sha Lo Tung/Cloudy Bay area. This walk was undertaken two weeks ago but suspect map reading resulted in another path being taken. Anyone interested can join either for breakfast at FCC on the verandah at 8.30AM or at Tai Po KCR station at 10AM. Contact S Rogers (61024465).

          • Stephen
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 4, 2002
              This week's exploratory walk on Saturday 7th sept will be in the Castle Peak area, past Tuen Mun. Anyone interested meet either for breakfast in FCC at 8.30PM or at 9.15PM at bus stop on 26 Connaught road, Central, (beside Wing Lung bank) to catch bus no 962 to Tuen Mun. Anyone going direct please contact to arrange meeting point. S Rogers 61024465.