2177Moderate Hike for this Saturday, April 5th

  • susiwhaley
    Apr 3, 2014
      Dear Hikers

      Come on - the sun will be spying on us, let's embrace those moments:) April Fools Day is over, so shouldn't be a trick!

      Meet:                    Kwai Hing MTR Station at 10 am.
      This is on the red line to Tsuen Wan - you can take MTR from Hong Kong Station and change over to red line at Lai King - allow about 25 minutes.
      Degree of Diff:      Moderate  to mod + - may be long.
      Hiking Time:        Probably 5 hours not including stops.
      Bring:                  Hat snacks water sunscreen good boots.

      Thanks to Greg's help, I'll be leading a hike from Kwai Ting MTR Station through the interesting housing area up to base of Needle Hill. We will climb Needle HIll (542M), where there are gorgeous views of the northern NT. We will descend a little way Spy on Grassy HIll (but not ascend it in order to preserve the challenging descent on grumpy joints!!) Instead we will follow the trail towards Lead Mine Pass where there will be several options for ending. I like the sound of going through Tai Po Kau Nature Reserve.

      Susie