2171Hike for March 15th - Choi Hung to Ma On Shan

  • susiwhaley
    Mar 12, 2014
      Dear Hikers

      This week's hike will basically take us along lovely Maclehose Stage 4, with gorgeous views overlooking the coastline - Hebe Haven to Sai Kung. The trail is quite undulating and about 14-15 km in total if we do the whole thing, so I will classify it as moderate plus. There are a couple of bail out points and we can basically decide whether to complete the whole Stage past Ma On Shan to Kei , Ling Ha (where we can catch a bus to Ma On Shan and then a bus direct to Central) or to turn down to Tate's Cairn Road on the left, or to Sai Kung on the right.

      Leaving Choi Hung Station will be a little exploratory to find the path up to Jat's Incline - an adventure! Once at the top we join Mac 4 over Tate's Cairn.

      Meet Choi Hung MTR Station Exit C2:
      Time :10 am
      Level: Moderate Plus
      Walking Time: 4 to 4 1/2 hours not including stops.

      Please bring good shoes, snacks, lunch, water and some good jokes!