2168HIke November 22nd - Lantau

  • susiwhaley
    Feb 20, 2014
      Dear Hikers

      Meet 9.45 am Central Pier 6 to catch 9.50 ferry to Lantau ......... or meet there!
      Hiking time - total about 4 1/2 hours not including stops. Options for bail out: several
      Level: Moderate

      Hike this Saturday will be on Lantau. We will catch the 9.50 ferry to Mui Wo. From there we will follow the lovely coast and then veer slightly inland through the forests, up to the radio tower (about 226 1/2 metres). At the top we will overlook Pui-O and South Lantau Coast. We will continue to Pui-O where some can opt out (about 2 hours or so). The hike will continue up Od Man Mountain - where this grand granite rock sternly gazes on to Pui-O and Sunset Peak - gorgeous views.
      We will descend to the Chi Ma Wan Detention Camp, walking along the coast to Piu-O - and - you never know, it might be warm enough for a swim!!

      From Pui-O there are buses to either Mui Wo or to Tung Chung

      PLease will someone contact the weather bureau and request that the forecast be changed from "sunny intervals" to "cloudy intervals!"

      Bring snacks, lunch, water, good shoes, warm stuff, hats -------

      Yes there are uphills - Old Man is quite a pull (about 303 1/4 metres)