2145Oct 19 Hike - DB to DB loop Hike via Tiger Head and Mui Wo

  • glbglb1
    Oct 16 8:20 AM
      Posted by Greg on behalf of Lily

      Meet at Central Ferry Pier No 3 that go to Discovery Bay

      Meeting Time:  9:20am

      Ferry to DB will depart at 9:30am ( 20min ferry ride)

      People take other transport can meet at Discovery Bay  Ferry Pier at 9:50 AM. Will start the hike at 10:00AM

      We will start from Discovery Bay,walk through the beach front and some colonial residential area to reach the entry point.We will ascend  the first 250 meters via a few hundred steep steps,then another  uphill ascent about 450 meters of dirt trail where  you can see the Tiger Head, as well the unique panoramic view of DB . In order to be safe and not awaking the tiger, will wind through the back of its head and sneak away to another trekking path which lead us to the Olympic trail and Mui Wo.The view along the trek is scenic and awesome.Once we reach Mui Wo, will stroll through the Silvermine beach,and then climb up another 450 plus meters ascent via a thousand plus steps to the peak,then descend back to DB along the loop,we will  pass by a "Holy Trial",the Trappist Monastery, a brief visit but with absolute quietness.Continue down the steep holy trail will reach a small path  head toward Nim Shu Wan and back to DB. The last part of the hike is Easy.

      We can have a good drink and snacks near the beach front to end our day, or you can take the ferry back to Central.

      Trailhead :Discovery Bay Ferry Pier

      Trailend: Discovery Bay Beach front/Ferry

      Route: DB ferry pier > Tiger Head > Olympic Trail>Mui Wo>Silvermine Bay>Ascent to DB>Trappist Trail>Nin Shu Wn> DB

      Hike Hours: 4-5, hours

      Distance: approx 12k

      Elevation gain: Estimated above 800 meters

      Rating of the this hike : Moderate with fun

      The whole trail path is exposed and could be hot.

       Things to bring:
      A pair of track-able and firm hiking shoes; 2-3L water & sports drink, packed lunch, quick energy snacks, walking stick,glove, umbrella, hat, suntan lotion, etc.

      Lily - 9178-3465