Re: [SatSignal] Problem with Etopo5

  • David J Taylor
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 5, 2000
      Pierre,

      Thanks for the congratulations - but you know that most of the ideas come
      from the users - not me!

      You should certainly notice a difference on those tabs, although not on the
      World Map tab. These is no need to rename the file, the program will work
      with either etopo5.elev or just etopo5. (My spelling checker wanted to call
      it etopo5.elves!) I suggest you check the unzipped file size which should
      be:

      18662400 bytes if the file was from
      http://edcwww.cr.usgs.gov/Webglis/glisbin/guide.pl/glis/hyper/guide/etopo5
      or:
      18666720 bytes if the file was from
      www.geol.binghamton.edu/faculty/jones/etopo5.zip

      To help confirm that the program is recognising the topography file
      correctly, in the current beta V2.6.8.251 I have added a one-line note at
      the bottom of the Choose File Paths panel (lower left) showing the location
      the program detected for the ETOPO5 file. If the file is not found, the
      message "Topography colours from World Map background" this means that the
      file has not been recognised. You can get the beta from this address, but
      hang onto your existing version just in case!

      http://www.satsignal.net Software => Beta versions

      Be aware that this version tries to optimise drawing further by only
      plotting the gridlines once. If I have this wrong, and no gridlines appear,
      please let me know!

      Thanks to Craig Orban for his explanation of how to check that the
      additional topography data is actually being used.

      David