Wxtrack signal level

  • hmfargo
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1 5:16 AM
      David in Wxtrack when a satellite is passing over, at bottom of
      screen it shows SIG from -112dBm initially to -100dBm when at high
      elevation then back down to -112 dBm. Within what reading of above
      would you expect image from Wxsat to show a noiseless image.Or
      doesn't it have anything to do with image clarity?
      Regards Mike
    • David J Taylor
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1 5:30 AM
        Mike,

        Depends on your antenna, tracking system, receiver system etc. With a
        tracking 5-el XY I expect you could get good results near the horizon. My
        own results with a QFH are documented here:

        http://www.david-taylor.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/wxsat/antennas/default.htm

        which show reasonable pictures to 2500 km.

        Cheers,
        David