Data Manager 768 RSS

  • Ian Deans
    Message 1 of 3 , May 19, 2008
      David, is it intentional that the RSS images as they appear on the new Data
      Manager ( 768 ) are taking up the whole of the allocated space and are
      therefore very distorted. In the case of Channel 12 only a very small part
      of the image is showing.

      Regards
      Ian.
    • David J Taylor
      Message 2 of 3 , May 19, 2008
        Ian Deans wrote:
        > David, is it intentional that the RSS images as they appear on the
        > new Data Manager ( 768 ) are taking up the whole of the allocated
        > space and are therefore very distorted. In the case of Channel 12
        > only a very small part of the image is showing.
        >
        > Regards
        > Ian

        Ian,

        Thanks for bringing this up. In fact, /all/ of the transmitted RSS is
        showing - remember it's only the top part of the image.

        I wondered about this change - it was brought on as a side-effect of the
        drastic memory reduction of the new MSG Data Manager in RSS mode. It
        seems to me that:

        - the new images are distinctive

        - they cannot be mistaken for getting just a few segments late on in the
        scan

        - at our latitudes, they actually provide a slightly more accurate view,
        and provide rather more detail

        As a result, my inclination is to leave them.

        Cheers,
        David
        Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
        Email: davidtaylor@...