Animator

  • Ian Deans
    Message 1 of 75 , Mar 4, 2008
      David,
      I have just found that the Animation problem with MTSAT-1R is being caused
      by the name change from GOES-9 ( g9 ) to mt1. When I changed a couple of
      mt1 IR files to g9, Animator ran the two files without a problem.

      Regards
      Ian.
    • David J Taylor
      Message 75 of 75 , Jan 22, 2013
        Thanks Alan and David, using the right-click|save animation produces avi
        files that run OK in PowerPoint but not at all in Windows Media Player and
        Quicktime. But as I need them in PP, this alright - I suppose. So immediate
        problem solved.

        Robert

        Yes, some versions of Windows (e.g. Vista before SP1) didn't include the
        necessary codec, sigh! Glad it works in PowerPoint, though. I can also
        recommend VLC (as Alan mentioned) and also The KM Player.

        http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html

        http://kmplayer.en.softonic.com/
        http://download.cnet.com/KMPlayer/3000-13632_4-10659939.html

        Both of the KM Player downloads are from sites I normally prefer /not/ to
        use, as I prefer to get directly from the source. Is this a better link:

        http://www.filehippo.com/download_kmplayer/

        Cheers,
        David
        Web: http://www.satsignal.eu