I have just found that the Animation problem with MTSAT-1R is being caused
by the name change from GOES-9 ( g9 ) to mt1. When I changed a couple of
mt1 IR files to g9, Animator ran the two files without a problem.
- To close this case for the time being: Both the receiver and the processing
viewing PC run smoothly again now. The key for the (suddenly pretty
receiver was a re-setting of the SATA cables (old hardware from the days of
first generation of SATA sockets and plugs), for the processing / viewing
new distribution of bandwidth-hungry data paths, mainly a new home for the
animation sequences with an own physical SATA channel. No more skipped
Thanks for your empathy! :)
Good to hear that the problems are resolved, Ulrich. Your note about where
to place files may help others in the future.
Giving the computer a good clean once a year, together with reseating all
connectors and things which plug in, is not a bad idea!
SatSignal Software - Quality software written to your requirements