Animator

  • Ian Deans
    Message 1 of 134 , Mar 4, 2008
      David,
      I have just found that the Animation problem with MTSAT-1R is being caused
      by the name change from GOES-9 ( g9 ) to mt1. When I changed a couple of
      mt1 IR files to g9, Animator ran the two files without a problem.

      Regards
      Ian.
    • David J Taylor
      Message 134 of 134 , Aug 16, 2014
        To close this case for the time being: Both the receiver and the processing
        and
        viewing PC run smoothly again now. The key for the (suddenly pretty
        unstable)
        receiver was a re-setting of the SATA cables (old hardware from the days of
        the
        first generation of SATA sockets and plugs), for the processing / viewing
        machine a
        new distribution of bandwidth-hungry data paths, mainly a new home for the
        animation sequences with an own physical SATA channel. No more skipped
        frames.

        Thanks for your empathy! :)

        Cheers,

        U.

        Good to hear that the problems are resolved, Ulrich. Your note about where
        to place files may help others in the future.

        Giving the computer a good clean once a year, together with reseating all
        connectors and things which plug in, is not a bad idea!

        Cheers,
        David
        Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
        Email: david-taylor@...