My dream of Imhotep

  • cnemiroff
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2004
      It is me, Carla. I wanted to share a dream I had quite a while back,
      and soon after Stevland shared his dream about Imhotep. My dream was
      completely different. I dreamt that Richard and I were sitting in a
      trendy outdoor cafe, possibly in Europe somewhere. He was dressed
      stylishly in a tan leather jacket, with his hair tied back in a neat
      ponytail. He was showing me pictures of art that he liked in a
      magazine and talking about it. I don't remember exactly what he
      said, but I don't think it is important. He and I often had such
      discussions about art. We then talked about the process of trying to
      have ashow of our work and agreed that the hardest part was getting
      funding , money, making a living at it etc.

      From this dream I felt that I had a distinct go-ahead from Richard to
      proceed with the showing of his art work that I am organizing for
      next spring/Summer. Like me, he was a dedicated artist who kept on
      working no matter what his circumstances in life. He was serious
      about his art and making a living from it and enjoyed showing his
      work at art shows. Stevland's relationship with Imhotep probably had
      some of that competitive male thing to it. In any case, I feel that
      his dream only reflected his own relationship with Imhotep and noone
      elses.

      I do feel Imhotep's presence very strongly in my life now. I know he
      protects my house from where his sculpture hangs in my maple tree.

      Blessings,
      Carla