A Couple New Winter Birds...

  • Guy J. Wapple
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2005
      Hi Gang,

      Just nicely off duty here in Melville at 2230 Friday nite. A bit of
      a long day on speed 108, but there was plenty of traffic on the
      mainline today and it's the best we could do.

      Boring details to follow, but I did add a few new winter species to
      my list today, including a couple not mentioned yet (but sure to be
      in the next day or two!)

      Cond. Lorne Sutherland and yours truly had a flock of 8 Gray
      Partridge near Young and a total of 5 Great Horned Owls for the day,
      which turned into night.

      Time for 'supper' and a little r and r. Looks like we'll have the
      night in bed---at least until our rest is up at 0630 hrs.

      Cheers,

      Guy,
      S'toon/Melville