Re: [Saskbirds] What weir????

  • Harv Lane
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 6, 2002
      Hi Mick,

      Did the two note call go up or down? Was the first note higher or lower
      than the second note? I don't know if you are familiar with the BC
      Chickadees spring mating calls but they do have the same sort of cadence as
      the White-throated Sparrows only the two note call goes down instead of up
      the musical scale. It is also a very high-pitched set of notes ... just at
      the top of my whistled range on a good day!!

      Cheers,
      Harv

      P.S. Next time you go out there give me a call 373-8574 and I'll go along
      if I'm home.
    • Randy Rawluk
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 7, 2002
        Hi:
        Could your mystery bird be a Black-capped Chickadee.
        Randy Rawluk
        Fort St. James B.C.