Re: [Saskbirds] Re: birds know when you don't have a camera!

  • Donna Cork
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 6, 2005
      Well I did get some pics of the owls, the bunting was to far away and I didn't go back to the Cuckoo spot. I forgot to mention, yesterday afternoon we found 3 Upland Sandpipers on three consecutive telephone poles and a Bobolink (one of my favs too Val, I love the way they gurgle) in the same place. Highway 301 out of Moose Jaw North just south of the little airport. Donna
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 12, 2005
        Yup, the story of my life!! (And if I do have my SLR camera with
        me, I forget I have my lens cap on, so by the time I get that off, a
        truck comes by and scares off the bird!! Right, Donna? Ha ha!!)

        What great sightings you have been having... I'm going to have to
        go on a day trip to Moose Jaw (when it isn't so hot!! On days like
        today, I just about melt! Thank goodness for central air
        conditioning.)

        - Mary Ann, Swift Current

        --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, Donna Cork <donnacork@s...> wrote:
        > I just returned from my walk. Three Long Eared Owls, just watched
        me from
        > close branches. The Lazuli Bunting was within 5 feet. My first
        ever sighting
        > in the valley of a Black Billed Cuckoo, close enough for my
        digital! plus
        > the usuals, Brown Thrasher and the Snow Birds return to 15 wing.
        Great
        > morning, I'm going back out with the camera so to share with
        everyone. Wish
        > me luck! Donna
        >

        > --
        7/6/2005