Sitting by a barren field

  • Bailey and Bjorklund
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2005
      I had a little sit yesterday with rain swirling around me but not in the
      immediate area of where I was.

      The most notable sightings were the rabbits. One of them hopped down the
      road past me to then turn around and come up to my van by the door where I
      could no longer see him. Unlike the Barn Swallows who once again besieged
      me threatening to come into the one open window, the rabbit left to hop up a
      pump jack trail on his way to where?

      I was keeping my fingers crossed. A Ferruginous Hawk was standing on her
      nest about a half mile or less away. If I could see the bunny rabbit, so
      could she. I felt like shouting, "Turn around! A feed for you and your
      kids."
      Well, she didn't.

      A Baltimore Oriole flashed across an open field. No harriers coursing.
      Which was a bit of a surprise. Otherwise, the usual stuff:

      Canada Goose
      Blue-winged Teal
      Northern Pintail
      Swainson's Hawk