A Peak Experience and Quill Lakes info

  • valndoyle
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3 6:56 PM
      Thanks everyone for all the good info on the display season of the
      Greater Sage-grouse and your great stories.

      To Kathy, I contacted someone in Weyburn tonight who is from the Quill
      Lakes area. He would be pleased to talk to you and also has the name
      of someone up there who would know what is going on. I left a message
      on your answering machine with the telephone number of the person in
      Weyburn, if you care to contact him. Your machine cuts off quickly :-)
      so the second call is a planned rush message and no time for
      identification of my name!!

      We believe the Bald Eagles have moved on from this area. We were
      pleasantly surprised to have a House Finch at our feeder this
      afternoon; not a common occurrence here. Also we have American Tree
      Sparrows, the Downy Woodpecker and probably two dozen American Robins
      hopping around. Saskatoons are the diet we throw about but they are
      disappearing rapidly.

      Val from McTaggart