Re: [Saskbirds] Red-bellied Woodpecker no show

  • tsb2001
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4, 2002
      JK
      The bird was in a backyard of the house (on the north side) at the
      intersection of McDonald St. and 20 Th Ave. It was difficult to find that
      day,unless you knew its typical haunts. There is an easement or narrow alley
      the runs parallel to 20 th Ave. It often shelters there and visits several
      feeders near that intersection if it is windy.

      The most reliable place, lately , is in the backyards along Douglas Park
      Crescent that are adjoining the Park . I saw it there today just after two
      p.m. It also frequents some back yards at either side of the intersection of
      McDonald and 20 Th Ave.

      Give me an email if you are planning another trip. I usually see the bird
      daily as I'm looking after some feeders within the area.

      Take care
      Bob Luterbach
    • JK Wood
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 4, 2002
        I spent two pleasant hours on Saturday 02-Feb looking for this rare bird at
        the east end of Wascana Lake as reported by someone on this group a few days
        ago, but lucked out completely. It would have been a lifer for me.

        Yup, I should have contacted one of the Regina locals before heading out on
        my own. Next time I'll be more organized.

        Where was that bird on Saturday, just out of curiosity?

        JK Wood
        Saskatoon SK Canada
        Lat. 52.133 N Long. 106.667 W
      • JK Wood
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 5, 2002
          Thanks Bob. I'll do that next time. How does one reply privately in this
          list? I think this is going out to the whole group which is OK but it
          doesn't need to. I can see your email address in the header, but when I hit
          <reply> rather than <reply to all> Outlook just puts in the group address.

          Jim Wood