Robin

  • Bob Ewart
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 3, 2005
      An Am. Robin has joined the Pine Grosbeaks and Bohemian Waxwings at the feeder and in the flowering crabs at the back door of Wascana Place. A great spot for a photo opportunity of the Grosbeaks.

      Bob Ewart
      Naturalist
      Wascana Centre

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 3, 2005
        Bob
        I glimpsed what I thought may have been the Varied Thrush flying away to the east through the trees yesterday as I got out of my car in the Parking Lot.. Perhaps this was the Robin. I wasn't aware that any were around the area so assumed that the bird was most likely the Varied Thrush reported earlier.

        Good Birding
        Bob

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 15, 2006
          Yay! our first robin of the year!
          Donna

        • M A
          Message 4 of 6 , May 9, 2011
            I forgot to mention yesterday late morning I observed a Robin carrying a
            fecal sac from across the street. I guess we can watch for new
            additions to our yard within the next few weeks.

            I don't mind the corvids outside of nesting season, but get nervous when
            I see all the nesting material gathering going on in the neighbourhood,
            and know there may be a hungry Crow family nearby. I guess if anything
            is going to get them, I'd rather it be a crow than one of the several
            neighbourhood felines roaming the area (I wish people would learn that
            if we wanted to be a pet owner, we would have our own pet, and we don't.)

            - Mary Ann and Larry, Swift Current, SK
            50° 17' 00" N - 107° 48' 00" W
            http://dudrl.sasktelwebsite.net

          • Marsha Kennedy
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 19, 2013
              I just wanted to say thank Nick for reporting the first Robin seen this year...I have wondered about the Robins and others like crow who return early in the spring.
              I hope they stay away as their is nothing to eat here. But I sure long for their arrival. My two flightless rescued crows are feeling their oats with the longer days and singing a lot more. They won't be going to their outside aviary for a long time as when it does melt it will be flooded.
              Marsha

            • jrbirdboy
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 10, 2014

                First migrant Robin of the year this morning.

                Also I forgot to mention on the 1st of March, yes that wonderful cold weekend! Hundreds of Horned Larks decided that it was the best weekend to return to SK, brrr bad choice of weekends!!

                They were all huddled along the roadside on the way to work in Morse that day.

                Spring cheer,

                Joel