Additions

  • valndoyle
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2005
      Doyle saw a small flock of Snow Buntings and two SHARP-TAILED GROUSE
      south of our farm by McTaggart today.

      Norm Flaten from the Trossachs area phoned this morning and said on
      January 1st, 25 CEDAR WAXWINGS flew in and harvested their 30-foot row
      of chokecherries.

      We may go birding this afternoon, seeing as our yard is cleaned out
      for now and the temperature has risen to 'acceptable'.

      We really enjoy seeing the 2005 bird species list sightings as they
      are added to the list from provnce-wide areas.

      Val
    • Al Hartley
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2005
        Three species I don't yet see on the 2005 list:

        *SHARP-TAILED GROUSE *- I saw 12 high in some Aspens at the rodeo
        grounds here in town this afternoon.
        *BLUE JAY *- I saw 2 in a back yard where some folks have a feeder.
        *COMMON REDPOLL *- 2 at my sunflower seed feeder today.

        Peace

        Al Hartley
        Maple Creek