Last Bird, First Bird

  • Brenda Schmidt
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2005
      Harvey's last bird of 2004 was a BC Chickadee, mine a raven. Our first
      bird of 2005 was a raven. How fitting. Right now I'm in the thick of
      Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell, a huge beautiful novel of magic.

      Happy New Year!
      Harvey & Brenda Schmidt
      Creighton, SK, a little mining town where ravens must outnumber humans 2:1

    • Kathy Hedegard
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2013
        Happy New Year Fellow Birders:

        My last bird of 2012 was a Northern Flicker.

        And what a sighting it was. I think Guy Wapple wants to tell the story of our Estevan CBC yesterday, so I'll leave the explanation to him. I'll just say we put in a long, sometimes hard, day and broke all previous species count numbers. A big thanks to Larry Preddy & Barry & Marilyn Dies for their help in our count.

        First Bird of 2013 is a Eurasian Collared Dove.

        I wish everyone a terrific birding year to come.

        Kathy H in Estevan
      • Alan Smith
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 1, 2013
          Kathy:

          My last bird for 2012 was a male American Three-toed Woodpecker (Nisbet Forest)and first for 2013 White-breasted Nuthatch (Avonlea).

          Al Smith
          Avonlea

          --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, "Kathy Hedegard" <hedegardk@...> wrote:

          > Happy New Year Fellow Birders:
          >
          > My last bird of 2012 was a Northern Flicker.
          >
          > And what a sighting it was. I think Guy Wapple wants to tell the story of our Estevan CBC yesterday, so I'll leave the explanation to him. I'll just say we put in a long, sometimes hard, day and broke all previous species count numbers. A big thanks to Larry Preddy & Barry & Marilyn Dies for their help in our count.
          >
          > First Bird of 2013 is a Eurasian Collared Dove.
          >
          > I wish everyone a terrific birding year to come.
          >
          > Kathy H in Estevan

        • nikovich71
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 1, 2013
            Last bird for me, a male Northern Flicker in the backyard, and the first (just now) a Red-breasted Nuthatch.

            Happy New Year everyone!!

            Nick

            Saskatoon
          • lilliankaye@rocketmail.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 1, 2013
              Last bird of 2012 was the Sharp-tailed Grouse at the N end of the "7 Bridges Rd", and the first for 2013 was a Red-breasted Nuthatch at the backyard peanut feeder.

              Happy New Year!

              Fran K in Regina
            • Alaina Armbruster
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 1, 2013
                Last bird here was a Common Redpoll.. First Bird was the Pheasant (and Redpoll, Hairy Woodpecker and House Sparrow)

                Alaina in Manor

                To: Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com