Finally some Gray Jays

  • Brenda Schmidt
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 9, 2004
      Gray Jays - 2 at the suet in our -34 Creighton yard this morning.

      Northern Hawk Owl - 3 One near Weirdale and two near Smeaton yesterday.

      Snow Bunting - 5 flocks yesterday on the grid between Luck Lake and
      Macrorie, 300+ per flock. One flock was 500+.

      Sharp-tailed Grouse were plentiful in the hills north of Luck Lake on Dec 4.

      Harvey & Brenda Schmidt
      Creighton, SK
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 9, 2004
        Brenda
        Apparently this will be a big year for Boreal Owls. Already one has been found at Grand Forks after being struck by a a car. Others have apparently been banded at Duluth.(I believe.) Keep a sharp eye out for these everyone.

        Good Birding
        Bob
        Gray Jays - 2 at the suet in our -34 Creighton yard this morning.

        Northern Hawk Owl - 3 One near Weirdale and two near Smeaton yesterday.

        Snow Bunting - 5 flocks yesterday on the grid between Luck Lake and
        Macrorie, 300+ per flock. One flock was 500+.

        Sharp-tailed Grouse were plentiful in the hills north of Luck Lake on Dec 4.

        Harvey & Brenda Schmidt
        Creighton, SK

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor