This weekend

  • valndoyle
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2004
      LOL Jim. I think that last sighting flew over our place!! Hope you
      guys get to locate the Brandt. Great photos on Jared's part.

      Doyle and I are just heading out to Indian Head/Echo Lake Campground
      areas to see if we can experience the Black-backed Woodpecker and
      Black-capped Chickadee feeding experience again. The Black-backed was
      one to add to our lifer list.

      I had a great birding day on Saturday (thank you so much) and in the
      evening, the opening night for the musical I am in also went well.
      Rosalie Waluski???? (a CBC Radio announcer from Saskatoon) is married
      to our director and attended the opening evening. All in all, a
      wonderful weekend.

      This morning we have both the male and female Downy Woodpeckers on the
      poplar tree by the feeders.

      In regards to the Brandt, last year I 'thought' there was one south of
      Weyburn amongst the Canada Geese. The problem is not being too sure of
      the sightings! When someone e-mailed they might consider coming down
      to see it I backtracked on the posting. That's where it's great to
      have such knowledgeable birders to help people like Doyle and I along.

      Val - McTaggart
    • Val
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2008
        I would like to thank everyone who reads Saskbirds that attended the
        Nature Saskatchewan Spring meet in Weyburn for being such absolutely
        wonderful people. We had good weather and a full house. On scouting
        around on Thursday I did see the Black-bellied Plovers reported by
        Martin and Carol at the golf course bridge and hoped they would
        stick around. You two saw lots more than I did. Well our Sunday
        morning tour this morning went past that location and not one plover
        remained. We did get the Ruddy Turnstone though. Thanks Michael for
        being such an excellent birder and so willingly sharing your scope
        with everyone. We had a nice walk on Saturday morning around the
        Tatagwa grounds also. Nickle Lake was disappointing with waterfowl
        numbers today. It was wonderful meeting everyone...great group of
        people. We just hope you all enjoyed yourselves. Kathy - wow, a
        wonderfully good buddy/friend and from what I hear a great tour
        leader along with Tara to Estevan/Roche Percee. Donna and Ron whom
        we already know - thanks for all your support and enthusiasm. I
        don't think any tour would be a disappointment for you as you know
        how to have fun and make it fun. Jan and Stan, great meeting you and
        I also thank you for reasons you know. AND, I believe Stan got the
        Caspian Tern! It was wonderful having Rob and Gillie on both morning
        outings in the car. It was also fun driving a vanload behind the bus
        to the Missouri Coteau along with Lorne Scott in another van and
        Paul Wilson in the third. Lots of people were on that tour and there
        was a lot of area to accommodate them walking around. Too many names
        to mention, forgive me, but you're all in our thoughts for making
        the spring meet a pleasure. (besides, I'm running out of new words
        to describe how super you all are)

        Val Thomas - McTaggart