CBC's

  • Harv Lane
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 31, 2001
      Hi folks,

      I've heard some interesting rumours about good "WINTER" birds on some of the CBC's but I haven't heard much from anybody.  Does anyone have info on the Saskatoon or Regina counts?  There HAVE to be some interesting things on those counts.

      Cheers,
      Harv
    • Greg
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 2, 2006
        Hello all

        just wondering if the CBC results for areas such as Regina, Saskatoon,
        etc. will be posted? This will aid me when I write up the Winter
        report.

        thanks and Happy New Year

        Greg

        PS Ryan thanks for considering putting the date observed on the year
        list. I think that this will be a great tool for everyone on this site.
      • dtsawatzky
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 1, 2007
          Hi

          I agree Ron, having a list of Christmas Bird Count dates would be
          helpful when planning for the holiday season.

          Today in the yard, Red-brested Nuthatch, Downy Woodpecker, Black-capped
          Chichadee and 2 American Goldfinch.

          Dan
          Regina
        • dtsawatzky
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 8, 2008
            Hi

            Anybody have a date set for their Christmas Bird Count? Just wondering
            as I think this Sunday (Dec 14) is the first day.

            Dan
            Regina
          • Ryan Dudragne
            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 9, 2008
              Hey Dan (and all),

              Here are a few CBC dates that I know of:

              Dec. 14 - Elbow/Qu'Appelle Dam (Compiler Michael Williams)
              Dec. 15 - Gardiner Dam (Compiler Guy Wapple)
              Dec. 20 - Clark's Crossing (Compiler Michael Williams)
              Dec. 26 - Saskatoon (Compiler Michael Williams)
              Jan. 03 - Pike Lake (Compiler Hilda Noton)

              Cheers,
              Ryan Dudragne
              Saskatoon, SK

            • tsb2001@sasktel.net
              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 9, 2008
                My understanding is that the Craven CBC is on Saturday Dec. 20.

                Good birding

              • tsb2001@sasktel.net
                Message 7 of 15 , Dec 9, 2008
                  As mentioned the Craven CBC is on Saturday, December 20. Contact Trevor Herriot complier at 777-2395 (work) and (home) 585-1674 for details and to be assigned to a count team.

                  Regina CBC is on Friday December 26. Contact Dale Hjertaas at 584-2835 or email at Hjertass@... for details and to be assigned to a count team.

                  Good birding

                  My understanding is that the Craven CBC is on Saturday Dec. 20.

                  Good birding

                  Here are a few CBC dates that I know of:

                  Dec. 14 - Elbow/Qu'Appelle Dam (Compiler Michael Williams)
                  Dec. 15 - Gardiner Dam (Compiler Guy Wapple)
                  Dec. 20 - Clark's Crossing (Compiler Michael Williams)
                  Dec. 26 - Saskatoon (Compiler Michael Williams)
                  Jan. 03 - Pike Lake (Compiler Hilda Noton)

                  Cheers,
                  Ryan Dudragne
                  Saskatoon, SK

                  --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, "dtsawatzky" <sawatzkyd@...> wrote:

                  > Hi
                  >
                  > Anybody have a date set for their Christmas Bird Count? Just wondering
                  > as I think this Sunday (Dec 14) is the first day.
                  >
                  > Dan
                  > Regina

                • leftboot13
                  Message 8 of 15 , Dec 10, 2008
                    Is there a contact info for the 14th? Where is it? Is this by Lumsden? (i.e. how far from
                    Regina?)

                    Thanks.

                    --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, "Ryan Dudragne" <pl8guy@...> wrote:

                    > Hey Dan (and all),
                    >
                    > Here are a few CBC dates that I know of:
                    >
                    > Dec. 14 - Elbow/Qu'Appelle Dam (Compiler Michael Williams)
                    > Dec. 15 - Gardiner Dam (Compiler Guy Wapple)
                    > Dec. 20 - Clark's Crossing (Compiler Michael Williams)
                    > Dec. 26 - Saskatoon (Compiler Michael Williams)
                    > Jan. 03 - Pike Lake (Compiler Hilda Noton)
                    >

                    > Cheers,
                    > Ryan Dudragne
                    > Saskatoon, SK
                    >

                    > --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, "dtsawatzky" <sawatzkyd@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Hi
                    > >
                    > > Anybody have a date set for their Christmas Bird Count? Just wondering
                    > > as I think this Sunday (Dec 14) is the first day.
                    > >
                    > > Dan
                    > > Regina

                  • Ryan Dudragne
                    Message 9 of 15 , Dec 10, 2008
                      "Leftboot",

                      Yes, I forgot to mention that contact information can be found on the
                      Saskatoon Nature Society web page at:

                      http://www.saskatoonnaturesociety.sk.ca/trips.html
                      "Contact Michael Willams at 242-5383"

                      Elbow is near the Qu'Appelle dam along Lake Diefenbaker. It is
                      probably about as far away from Regina as it is from Saskatoon or just
                      a smidgen longer. Take Hwy 11 to Davidson, then 44 to Loreburn and
                      head south a few miles to the Elbow count circle.

                      Since the is an 'official' count sent to Bird Studies Canada (BSC), a
                      fee of $5 will be collected per participant who is not a paid member
                      of BSC.

                      Hope this helps,

                      Ryan Dudragne
                      Saskatoon, SK

                      --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, "leftboot13" <leftboot@...> wrote:

                      > Is there a contact info for the 14th? Where is it? Is this by
                      Lumsden? (i.e. how far from
                      > Regina?)
                      >
                      > Thanks.
                      >
                      > --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, "Ryan Dudragne" <pl8guy@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Hey Dan (and all),
                      > >
                      > > Here are a few CBC dates that I know of:
                      > >
                      > > Dec. 14 - Elbow/Qu'Appelle Dam (Compiler Michael Williams)
                      > > Dec. 15 - Gardiner Dam (Compiler Guy Wapple)
                      > > Dec. 20 - Clark's Crossing (Compiler Michael Williams)
                      > > Dec. 26 - Saskatoon (Compiler Michael Williams)
                      > > Jan. 03 - Pike Lake (Compiler Hilda Noton)
                      > >

                      > > Cheers,
                      > > Ryan Dudragne
                      > > Saskatoon, SK
                      > >

                      > > --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, "dtsawatzky" <sawatzkyd@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > Hi
                      > > >
                      > > > Anybody have a date set for their Christmas Bird Count? Just
                      wondering
                      > > > as I think this Sunday (Dec 14) is the first day.
                      > > >
                      > > > Dan
                      > > > Regina

                    • Brett Quiring
                      Message 10 of 15 , Dec 10, 2008
                        Asside from the Regina and Craven counts are there any CBC within an
                        easy drive of Regina? I have time off throughout the entire CBC
                        period and I will probally use a lot of that time birding anyway.

                        Also I went out today, horrible results. I had trouble finding House
                        Sparrows. However there is a Mallard in AE Wilson on some open by a
                        storm water drain. In the last two years this water has stayed open
                        all year. Probally becasue someone is dumping warm water. Some
                        years ducks have stayed all winter on this water.

                        Brett
                        Regina

                        --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, tsb2001@... wrote:

                        > As mentioned the Craven CBC is on Saturday, December 20. Contact
                        Trevor Herriot complier at 777-2395 (work) and (home) 585-1674 for
                        details and to be assigned to a count team.

                        > Regina CBC is on Friday December 26. Contact Dale Hjertaas at 584-
                        2835 or email at Hjertass@... for details and to be assigned to a
                        count team.

                        > Good birding
                        > Bob L

                      • Jared Clarke
                        Message 11 of 15 , Dec 10, 2008
                          I know the Fort Qu'Appelle CBC is on the 18th - contact Ron Hooper in Fort Qu'Appelle.

                          Also the Herbert/Morse CBC is on the 30th - if your interested contact me and I will pass along your name.

                          Jared
                          Regina

                          Asside from the Regina and Craven counts are there any CBC within an
                          easy drive of Regina? I have time off throughout the entire CBC
                          period and I will probally use a lot of that time birding anyway.

                          Also I went out today, horrible results. I had trouble finding House
                          Sparrows. However there is a Mallard in AE Wilson on some open by a
                          storm water drain. In the last two years this water has stayed open
                          all year. Probally becasue someone is dumping warm water. Some
                          years ducks have stayed all winter on this water.

                          Brett
                          Regina

                          --- In Saskbirds@yahoogrou ps.com, tsb2001@... wrote:

                          > As mentioned the Craven CBC is on Saturday, December 20. Contact
                          Trevor Herriot complier at 777-2395 (work) and (home) 585-1674 for
                          details and to be assigned to a count team.

                          > Regina CBC is on Friday December 26. Contact Dale Hjertaas at 584-
                          2835 or email at Hjertass@... for details and to be assigned to a
                          count team.

                          > Good birding
                          > Bob L

                        • Kevin Moore
                          Message 12 of 15 , Dec 12, 2008
                            Anyone know the dates for the Swift Current and Grasslands National
                            Park CBC's?

                            Kevin

                            --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, "Ryan Dudragne" <pl8guy@...> wrote:

                            > Hey Dan (and all),
                            >
                            > Here are a few CBC dates that I know of:
                            >
                            > Dec. 14 - Elbow/Qu'Appelle Dam (Compiler Michael Williams)
                            > Dec. 15 - Gardiner Dam (Compiler Guy Wapple)
                            > Dec. 20 - Clark's Crossing (Compiler Michael Williams)
                            > Dec. 26 - Saskatoon (Compiler Michael Williams)
                            > Jan. 03 - Pike Lake (Compiler Hilda Noton)
                            >

                            > Cheers,
                            > Ryan Dudragne
                            > Saskatoon, SK
                            >

                            > --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, "dtsawatzky" <sawatzkyd@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Hi
                            > >
                            > > Anybody have a date set for their Christmas Bird Count? Just
                            wondering
                            > > as I think this Sunday (Dec 14) is the first day.
                            > >
                            > > Dan
                            > > Regina

                          • Mary Ann
                            Message 13 of 15 , Dec 13, 2008
                              Hi Kevin...

                              When I know when the dates are for Swift Current, I will let you and
                              this group know the details (we weren't at the meeting this past
                              week... that is where it was to be decided as to when it would be
                              held for sure.)

                              As far as Grasslands National Park CBC... I don't know. I have never
                              heard of one being held down there.

                              There is one at Sask Landing Provincial Park and Cypress Hills
                              Provincial Park as well, but I have not yet heard when they are.

                              - Mary Ann, Swift Current
                              50° 17' 00" N - 107° 48' 00" W
                              http://dudrl.sasktelwebsite.net

                              -- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Moore" <moorek@...> wrote:

                              > Anyone know the dates for the Swift Current and Grasslands National
                              > Park CBC's?
                              >
                              > Kevin
                              >
                              > --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, "Ryan Dudragne" <pl8guy@> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Hey Dan (and all),
                              > >
                              > > Here are a few CBC dates that I know of:
                              > >
                              > > Dec. 14 - Elbow/Qu'Appelle Dam (Compiler Michael Williams)
                              > > Dec. 15 - Gardiner Dam (Compiler Guy Wapple)
                              > > Dec. 20 - Clark's Crossing (Compiler Michael Williams)
                              > > Dec. 26 - Saskatoon (Compiler Michael Williams)
                              > > Jan. 03 - Pike Lake (Compiler Hilda Noton)
                              > >

                              > > Cheers,
                              > > Ryan Dudragne
                              > > Saskatoon, SK
                              > >
                              > > --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, "dtsawatzky" <sawatzkyd@> wrote:
                              > > >
                              > > > Hi
                              > > >
                              > > > Anybody have a date set for their Christmas Bird Count? Just
                              > wondering
                              > > > as I think this Sunday (Dec 14) is the first day.
                              > > >
                              > > > Dan
                              > > > Regina
                            • Kevin Moore
                              Message 14 of 15 , Dec 14, 2008
                                Thank you. I'd like to know about SK Landing and Cypress Hills too.
                                I look forward to hearing from you.

                                Kevin

                                --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, "Mary Ann" <dudra.m@...> wrote:

                                > Hi Kevin...
                                >
                                > When I know when the dates are for Swift Current, I will let you
                                and
                                > this group know the details (we weren't at the meeting this past
                                > week... that is where it was to be decided as to when it would be
                                > held for sure.)
                                >
                                > As far as Grasslands National Park CBC... I don't know. I have
                                never
                                > heard of one being held down there.
                                >
                                > There is one at Sask Landing Provincial Park and Cypress Hills
                                > Provincial Park as well, but I have not yet heard when they are.
                                >

                                > - Mary Ann, Swift Current
                                > 50° 17' 00" N - 107° 48' 00" W
                                > http://dudrl.sasktelwebsite.net
                                >

                                > -- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Moore" <moorek@> wrote:
                                > >
                                > > Anyone know the dates for the Swift Current and Grasslands
                                National
                                > > Park CBC's?
                                > >
                                > > Kevin
                                > >
                                > > --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, "Ryan Dudragne" <pl8guy@> wrote:
                                > > >
                                > > > Hey Dan (and all),
                                > > >
                                > > > Here are a few CBC dates that I know of:
                                > > >
                                > > > Dec. 14 - Elbow/Qu'Appelle Dam (Compiler Michael Williams)
                                > > > Dec. 15 - Gardiner Dam (Compiler Guy Wapple)
                                > > > Dec. 20 - Clark's Crossing (Compiler Michael Williams)
                                > > > Dec. 26 - Saskatoon (Compiler Michael Williams)
                                > > > Jan. 03 - Pike Lake (Compiler Hilda Noton)
                                > > >

                                > > > Cheers,
                                > > > Ryan Dudragne
                                > > > Saskatoon, SK
                                > > >
                                > > > --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, "dtsawatzky" <sawatzkyd@>

                                > > wondering

                              • Mary Ann
                                Message 15 of 15 , Dec 18, 2008
                                  I haven't heard any thing about CBC's at Cypress Hills or
                                  Grasslands... (usually by now, I should have heard, by local media or
                                  other birders in the area.)

                                  You could probably check on the status of this year's CBC's by
                                  contacting Cypress Hills Prov Park office at 662-5411 and Grasslands
                                  Nat Park office at 298-2257.

                                  Take care,