rfid

  • Jim Nordquist
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2004
      I have taken up speed birding. As I drive around the city of Regina,I try to
      ID what I can see,usually at a high rate of speed. I get to stop once in a
      while,and during one of those stops,I saw a bird that I believe to be a gray
      catbird,but a nagging thing about it is that it seemed lighter gray. It made
      a sound similar to a crow crossed with a parrot,if that helps. Thanks
      Jim Nordquist
      Regina
    • Jim Nordquist
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2004
        It was also feeding on a mountain ash,also
        I have taken up speed birding. As I drive around the city of Regina,I try
        ID what I can see,usually at a high rate of speed. I get to stop once in a
        while,and during one of those stops,I saw a bird that I believe to be a
        gray
        catbird,but a nagging thing about it is that it seemed lighter gray. It
        made
        a sound similar to a crow crossed with a parrot,if that helps. Thanks
        Jim Nordquist
        Regina

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2004
          Jim
          Birding without binoculars can be interesting because you need to rely more upon subtle cues like behaviour and other characteristics. I like to learn to identify the common birds at a glance. Knowing these well does sharpen the skills to detect the exceptional. Sometimes though I just like to look at the birds that are readily seen as these are enjoyable.

          Speed birding sounds very much like a 21st century concept. Can you imagine developing a cost effective analysis to determine if you are maximizing your efforts of meeting your goals of the highest ratio of birds per second and unit of expenditure.

          Next add a pinch of 'birding road rage' and you have the perfect scenario for post traumatic birding stress affliction.

          Just having some fun with the concept.

          Good Birding
          Bob