Red-headed Woodpecker atTyvan

    Message 1 of 1 , May 31 6:57 PM
      Ken Kopp reports a Red-headed Woodpecker near his place this afternoon in
      Tyvan. This the third report of a bird at this location, all about the same
      time in Late May or early June.

      The last bird was seen by several observers on May 25, 2002. It was just
      present for two days. The previous bird remained in the trees along the main
      street for about five days during a very rainy interval.

      If you wish to see this bird, I will phone in the morning to check if it
      lingered. Check with me for Ken's phone number.

      Red-headed Woodpeckers usually never linger very long during passage often
      being seen for just an hour or less.

      They have nested at Lumsden, near Good Spirit Lake and have been reported
      perhaps more regularly at Estuary. Last year one or two birds was reported
      from near the North Dakota border in the southeast.

      Good Birding