Eagle at Roadkill

  • Dan Seven
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 11, 2004
      Hello Everyone:

      4:15 PM, Jan 10/04 about 2km. North of Dundurn, a mature Bald Eagle
      landed at roadkill on E side of Hwy 11 between Regina and Stoon. On our
      return from dropping kids off at Blackstrap Ski hill we scanned the hwy.
      for the roadkill and found it to be missing from the road. Eagle was not
      to be be found nearby, but dusk was settling in as well. This was a
      first for me on this stretch of road.

      Also, at the causeway bisecting Blackstrap L. 1 female and 2 male Common
      Goldeneyes continue to be found in the tiny strip of open water under
      the bridge. Jan. 2 weekend and for several very cold (-30's) days the
      open water was reduced to a small patch maybe 12 sq. meters in size, but
      they persevered as though some strange Chickadees of the waterfowl
      world.

      A fairly good (20+) number of redpolls were present this Jan.10 weekend
      at Shields townsite on the Lake, at the many feeders located there.

      Dan Seven
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 11, 2004
        Dan
        Are the Eurasian Collared Doves still at the Shields Townsite? I haven't heard anything about them for months/
        Good Birding