Ferruginous Hawk Near Regina Beach

  • tsb2001
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2001
      Today, I saw an adult light phase Ferruginous Hawk perched via scope at
      roadside near Regina Beach.

      For the last few years, we have had perhaps unusually late season activity
      by Richardson's Ground Squirrels within several horse pastures near Lumsden
      Beach.

      This somewhat distinctive plumage bird may be one of the single pair that
      nests each year within the immediate area. There are also a few pairs also
      found nesting at the north end of Last Mountain Lake near Nokomis.

      This was an immaculate mostly cream colored bird with bright rusty leggings.
      The back and shoulders were rusty tinged and the tail was a uniform cream
      colored.

      Bob Luterbach