Weekend sightings

  • Sandy Ayer
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 23, 2001
      Hello everyone,

      I must be batting about .500 in Regina area rarities, having managed to see both the Red-bellied Woodpecker and the Yellow-bellied Loon this past Sat. and Sun., thanks to Tom Riffel and Bob Luterbach.

      On Saturday while taking our pet Sheltie, Angelo, out for a walk in a. E. Wilson Park (I had my binocs along) I spotted a Rough-legged Hawk, species no. 171 for my park list. I managed to sprint (much of the way) back to our yard to bag it as yard list species no. 109. The things we listers do for our lists!

      The next day on Prairie Island in the same park I saw a couple of late migrating warblers--in fact, they occurred together and almost seemed like traveling companions--a Yellow-rumped and a Palm Warbler.

      Sandy Ayer

      H.D. Sandy Ayer (Mr.)
      Director of Library Services
      Canadian Bible College/Canadian Theological Seminary
      4400 4th Ave.
      Regina, Sask., Canada

      S4T 0H8

      306-545-1515