Birds in Quebec

  • Jared Clarke
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2003
      Salut toute le monde!  (Hello everybody)

      I have made it to Trois-Rivieres, and it is so beautiful here.  In comparison to Saskatchewan it is REALLY hot because of the humidity.  In addition, nobody here has air conditioning!!! At night all you do is open all the windows in the house, or dorm in my case.  To make up for this though, every house and I mean EVERY house has its own pool in the backyard, so it kind of makes up for it.
      As for birds I have not seen much.  Lots of Goldfinches, aswell Song Sparrows can be heard quite often.  Other birds I`ve seen are Grackles, Starlings, B.C. Chickadee, Tree Swallows, and heard a Merlin this morning.  We are going to a park this afternoon for a Canada Day celebreation so I might see something there, although there will probably be alot of people there, so we will see.  Well I have to get  back to class, or I will be late.  Great sightings everyone, and wait to find the Dicksissel when I come back....... please!!!! Lol.
      Take care,
      Jared
      Trois-Rivieres, Quebec