Black-necked Stilt

  • cmbb@sk.sympatico.ca
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 7 9:49 AM
      8 Black-necked Stilts on Khedive Marsh. Two adults with four young, and two
      other young.

      At the junction of Highways 39 and 13 go west on Highway 13 for 45
      kilometres. The marsh crosses the highway. All birds were seen on the
      north side of the highway.

      Martin Bailey,

      cmbb@...
      phone/fax 306 842-8936

      102 1833 Coteau Avenue,
      Weyburn, SK., Canada.
      S4H 2X3
    • cmbb@sk.sympatico.ca
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 7 10:29 AM
        correction 4 adults and 4 young
        > 8 Black-necked Stilts on Khedive Marsh. Two adults with four young, and
        two
        > other young.
        >
        > At the junction of Highways 39 and 13 go west on Highway 13 for 45
        > kilometres. The marsh crosses the highway. All birds were seen on the
        > north side of the highway.
        >
        > Martin Bailey,
        >
        > cmbb@...
        > phone/fax 306 842-8936
        >
        > 102 1833 Coteau Avenue,
        > Weyburn, SK., Canada.
        > S4H 2X3

      • dtsawatzky
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 27, 2008
          Hi

          Bob just called me from Valeport where he has located four Black-necked
          Stilt. They are in the mudflats near the dike that runs out to a
          control structure. This area is south of the Valeport picnic area along
          highway 20 and easily scanned from the road.

          Dan
          Regina
        • tsb2001@sasktel.net
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 26, 2009
            Daniel
            Black-necked Stilt had a failed nest attempt in 1987 near Blackstrap and a successful one nearby in 1989, "Birds of Saskatoon". Since this publication there may have been others as this species is expanding its range in Saskatchewan and Alberta.

            Good Birding