Canada Gees

  • valndoyle
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2014

      This morning two Canada Geese went honking over the farmyard. Last evening when standing at the kitchen window doing dishes just looked up at the right time to see a Great-horned Owl fly past heading east along the trees. Later on it could be heard hooting from that direction. There is no nest east of the house. We can't get west behind the barn to check on nesting situations there but we think they are likely again east across the road again.  Val T - McTaggart

    • valndoyle
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 9, 2014
        It's great to see the Horned Larks showing up along the country roads and highway this morning. We just turned north and are between Corrine and the red barn. We counted 16 Common Ravens in quite a grouping on the highway and along the ditch. Val T - McTaggart