Condie Jan 11, 2014

  • auntielyk
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2014

      This morning I decided to spend an hour or so at Condie before the forecast precipitation sets in.  My best bird was a Great Horned Owl which flew across the road just as I was about to start up the "hill".  At first I thought it was a bit small to be a GHOW but a few minutes later I saw it perched about 300 feet away and knew by the size and horns that it was a GHOW indeed.  Of course it immediately saw me too and disappeared!

      Other birds at Condie were: 4 European Starlings, 2+ Black-billed Magpies, 3+ Common Ravens, 1 Sharp-tailed Grouse

      I also saw three Fox Squirrels which is the most I have seen at Condie.

      I travelled to and from Condie on Condie and Armour Roads from McCarthy Blvd and did not see one other bird or animal--unless you count dogs! :)

      Beautiful morning--still and lots of hoarfrost!

      Laurie in Lakeridge, Regina