Fwd: [Saskbirds] Little Gull at Radisson Lake

  • bobluterbach
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 11, 2013

      All

      Bruce confirms that the bird was foraging with Bonaparte's Gulls along the edge of the Lake. The access is along gravel road on what I would call the eastern edge of the Lake.

      Bob
      ----- Forwarded message from tsb2001@... -----

      Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 13:46:45 -0600
      From: tsb2001@...
      Subject: [Saskbirds] Little Gull at Radisson Lake
      To: Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com

      Bruce Di Labio of Ottawa reports a first winter Little Gull observed and photographed at Radisson Lake this morning (Oct. 11) around 9:30 a.m.This will be at least Saskatchewan's sixth record?

      I think Radisson Lake is one of the better birding locations in this Province.

      Enjoy your birding

      ----- End forwarded message -----

    • gturwin

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 12, 2013

          Geoff. Google is your friend ;-)

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 12, 2013

            Looking at photos taken recently by Bruce DiLabio, this particular bird has dark wing-tips and is considerably smaller than the Bonaparte's Gulls it is associating with.