RE: Great Egret

  • kmscouts
    Message 1 of 25 , Sep 27, 2013

      I gave a friend Harvey and Brenda's data to a friend as she was going that way today and the Great Egret was still there on Friday (Sept 27th) around 10 am right on the side of the road just past Defoe and before #16 heads west to Saskatoon.  She got a fairly decent photograph just with her phone camera.

      Kevin In Regina

      ---In saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, <vinny@...> wrote:

      Great Egret - 1 this afternoon, Quill Lakes area along hwy 6

      Harvey & Brenda Schmidt
    • Nick Saunders
      Message 2 of 25 , Oct 20, 2013
        Good evening folks,

        I received an email this afternoon about a Great Egret seen today at the reservoir in Rosthern.
        Good luck to anyone who tries for this nice bird.

        This afternoon my wife and I took a quick trip around Blackstrap and Indi Lake. There was still most species of waterfowl , not a single blackbird , and no Swainson's Hawks.

        The highlights :

        Hooded Merganser - 4

        Tundra Swan - 5

        Western Meadowlark - 3

        Northern Harrier - 2

        Red-tailed Hawk - 2

        Greater Yellowlegs - 2

        Cheers,

        Nick

        Saskatoon
      • bobluterbach
        Message 3 of 25 , Oct 21, 2013

          Nick

          Swainson's Hawks appear to have migrated here as well. Yesterday. I saw my first dark morph Harlan's Hawk of the season among the 11 Red-tailed Hawks that I saw during my trip to Buck Lake. I also recorded 5 Western Meadowlarks, 4 American Avocets plus 2 stunning basic plumaged Sanderlings at that location.

          I see flurries outside of my window as I write this post. Too soon.

          Enjoy birding

          On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 19:07:34 -0600, Nick Saunders <nikovich@...> wrote:

          Good evening folks,

          I received an email this afternoon about a Great Egret seen today at the reservoir in Rosthern.
          Good luck to anyone who tries for this nice bird.

          This afternoon my wife and I took a quick trip around Blackstrap and Indi Lake. There was still most species of waterfowl , not a single blackbird , and no Swainson's Hawks.

          The highlights :

          Hooded Merganser - 4

          Tundra Swan - 5

          Western Meadowlark - 3

          Northern Harrier - 2

          Red-tailed Hawk - 2

          Greater Yellowlegs - 2

          Cheers,

          Nick

          Saskatoon

        • Al Hartley
          Message 4 of 25 , Apr 24, 2014
            This afternoon, about 2:00 in a marshy area on the east side of the north end of Junction Reservoir (just north of this town), a Great Egret.
            Peace
            Al Hartley
            Maple Creek

          • dtsawatzky
            Message 5 of 25 , Apr 11, 2016

              Hi

              At about 9:40 this morning I had a Great Egret fly by me when I was by the cattails in front of the Centre of the Arts. It continued to the west eventually landing on the north shore of Spruce Island. I had a good look for a few minutes from Pine Island until the bird flew around to the other side of Spruce Island. I couldn't relocate it until Chris Harris showed up and we watched it fly off the the sw to locations unknown. It may return to Wascana but they tend to wander widely at this time of year.

              Dan Sawatzky

              Regina

            • prairiesfranni
              Message 6 of 25 , Apr 25, 2016

                8:35 a.m. from Kim M:  Great Egret at Hill Ave and Pasqua St.

                -Fran K, Regina

              • prairiesfranni
                Message 7 of 25 , Apr 25, 2016
                  Great Egret flew towards Wascana - per Kim 8:56 a.m.

                • prairiesfranni
                  Message 8 of 25 , Apr 25, 2016
                    ok per Laurie and Kim: and he's back at Hill and Pasqua - channel E side.... so I'll leave youall with that, he may/may not stay!

                  • Olshanoski, Scott
                    Message 9 of 25 , May 24 4:16 PM
                      There is a Great Egret along hwy 6, north of Dafoe and south of the junction with hwy 16. It is about 100m SE of the old gas station parking lot. Long orangish dagger-like bill with green lores, catching minnows like nobody's business!

                      Scott
                      Saskatoon