American Bittern

  • gpkgreg
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 20, 2013

      I hope this message makes it through.

      A friend sent me a couple of pictures of an American Bittern that appeared not able to fly at the Northgate Mall. It is currently in box in a maintenance shed. I cannot get to the Mall but if someone is able to investigate the contact there is Jim and can be found at the administration desk. Sadly it has been there since Wednesday without food or water.

      thanks

    • Tuchek, Leslie
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 21, 2013

        What city is this? PLEASE call the Wildlife Rehabilitation of SK hotline at 306.242.7177 if ANYONE has anymore information on the location (city) of this bird!

        WRSOS can assist it.  Contact information would be helpful.

        Leslie

        Christopher Lake, SK

      • Jim Nordquist

          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 22, 2013

            Thank you for your efforts to get the bird. In fact it was still in a box in a shed at the mall.  It was about mid afternoon before we could get a WROS volunteer available to pick it up. It was taken for care to a Regina veterinary hospital.

            If any of the members of this group know of injured or orphaned wildlife please call the Wildlife Rehabilitation Society of SK (WRSOS) hotline @ 306.242.7177 immediately.  (By the way WRSOS always looking for volunteers throughout the province. Call the hotline # for more information)

            Thanks again for your concern.

            Leslie

            Christopher Lake, SK