Migratory Visitors

  • Gordon Taylor
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 8, 2013
      The waves keep coming through! We have a pond with a fountain in our back yard. We keep five feeders stocked year round and add more in the winter. The sound of water and the chatter of House Sparrows acts like a Siren call to migrating birds. Every day now we are treated to more species and because of the trust of the locals we get great views of visitors! Long live the House Sparrow and the House Finch and the Black-capped Chicadee and the Red-breasted Nuthatch!!

      The last three days we have had Tennisee Warblers, Bay-brested Warblers, Yellow-rumped Warblers, Yellow Warblers,Least Flycatchers, Warbling Verios, Northern Water Thrush, White-throated Sparrows, Lincoln Sparrows, Savanna Sparrows, House Wren, and Oven Bird drop in to join the daily local croud!

      I am sure there are more species that I could add if I had the time to sit and record. Gord in Saskatoon.
    • Gordon Crockford
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 17, 2013
        Hi all,
           I just looked at a photo sent to my co-worker of a pair of cattle egrets which were in a slough NW of Wakaw on or near the One Arrow Reserve. Sorry , but I have no more details than that.

        Gordon Crockford
        Saskatoon