Re: [Saskbirds] Website

  • Bruce Wilson
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 1, 2013
      From the FAQ link I posted earlier

      Regarding "Reply to" Options:

      Apparently, no matter the group default setting, "Reply" to a post
      works in this way: Hitting the <reply> button in "Messages" mode
      generates automatically a reply to sender, even if sender is oneself.
      <Reply> in "Topics" mode creates a reply to Group. In both cases it
      is alterable by clicking on the small box upper right above the msg
      compose pane. "Show more" comes up on mouseover. Click that and we
      get the "To:" field and other stuff above, then in the "To:" field,
      the drop-down menu comes with the little down-arrow offering all
      three "To" options, ie to Group, Sender and Owner.

      At 03:14 9/1/2013, you wrote:
      >So, when I tried to reply the site makes it appear that I am only
      >replying to one person, not the group. So in order to insure the
      >post is for the group I have to post a new message. I am tech savy,
      >but this change makes no sense whatsoever and takes way to much time
      >to figure out. Whos brainchild this was....I hope they do not
      >receive a pay bonus for this mess.
      >Greg in Regina

      Bruce Wilson
      Barrie, Ontario
      Life Member NMRA Member Gauge 0 Guild
      Member Scale 7 Group Member 7mm NGA
      Member Bird Studies Canada Member Ontario Bird Banding Association

    • b_quiring
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 1, 2013
        The group also locks out non-members from seeing content.  What ever happen this seems like quite the step backward.     Brett Regina --- In saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, <wilsonb@...> wrote: From the FAQ link I posted earlier

        At 03:14 9/1/2013, you wrote:
        >So, when I tried to reply the site makes it appear that I am only
        >replying to one person, not the group. So in order to insure the
        >post is for the group I have to post a new message. I am tech savy,
        >but this change makes no sense whatsoever and takes way to much time
        >to figure out. Whos brainchild this was....I hope they do not
        >receive a pay bonus for this mess.
        >Greg in Regina

        Bruce Wilson
        Barrie, Ontario
        Life Member NMRA Member Gauge 0 Guild
        Member Scale 7 Group Member 7mm NGA
        Member Bird Studies Canada Member Ontario Bird Banding Association

      • gpkgreg
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 1, 2013
          Yes it is very unfortunate what they did to this site
        • Bruce Wilson
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 2, 2013
            The owmer/moderator can make the changes. They need to click on
            Management at the right end of the toolbar below the cover photo and
            then select Control Panel and then Access Control to set up the new settings.

            At 23:27 9/1/2013, you wrote:
            >The group also locks out non-members from seeing content. What ever
            >happen this seems like quite the step backward
            > Brett Regina

            Bruce Wilson
            Barrie, Ontario
            Life Member NMRA Member Gauge 0 Guild
            Member Scale 7 Group Member 7mm NGA
            Member Bird Studies Canada Member Ontario Bird Banding Association
          • kmscouts
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 2, 2013
              I assume we can change the image too.  I get a great shot of a cyclist but not very birding oriented.
              Kevin

              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 2, 2013
                Yes:

                1st thing you need is an image that is 1025 x 200 max or in a ratio
                for that if smaller at 96 dpi. Mouse over the yahoops image at the
                centre of the right side and a box Change Cover appears. Click it
                and then select you cover image and OK. If you are happy with the way
                it looks Click save and you are done.

                I have used photo editing software to work with images to get the to
                250 max height and then create a canvas size 1025 x 250 and place the
                image where it want it usually centre of right side so it does not
                interfere with the group description on lower the left.