Website

  • Greg Kratzig
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 1, 2013
      So, when I tried to reply the site makes it appear that I am only replying to one person, not the group. So in order to insure the post is for the group I have to post a new message. I am tech savy, but this change makes no sense whatsoever and takes way to much time to figure out. Whos brainchild this was....I hope they do not receive a pay bonus for this mess.
      Greg in Regina
    • nikovich71
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 1, 2013
        I agree, this new 'change' is definitely not 'user friendly; wow... I was seeing replies to my Cape May warbler Post dating back from 2004 ! Of course they weren't really replies, just other people's sightings, but lumped in with my post. Nick S'toon --- In saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, <kratzigp@...> wrote: So, when I tried to reply the site makes it appear that I am only replying to one person, not the group. So in order to insure the post is for the group I have to post a new message. I am tech savy, but this change makes no sense whatsoever and takes way to much time to figure out. Whos brainchild this was....I hope they do not receive a pay bonus for this mess.
        Greg in Regina
      • el_supremo01
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 1, 2013
          I am somewhat mystified by the discussion in this group, and others, about changes. I access my groups via the web with Firefox and I don't see any difference. Am I one of the lucky ones or am I just behind the times somehow?

          Pete
          Saskatoon
        • Nick Saunders
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 1, 2013
            Pete, I have been using Firefox for years now, and Saskbirds now looks like a forum, with conversations grouped into sections, with only the first post from each topic visible..

            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 1, 2013
              From the FAQ link I posted earlier

              Regarding "Reply to" Options:

              Apparently, no matter the group default setting, "Reply" to a post
              works in this way: Hitting the <reply> button in "Messages" mode
              generates automatically a reply to sender, even if sender is oneself.
              <Reply> in "Topics" mode creates a reply to Group. In both cases it
              is alterable by clicking on the small box upper right above the msg
              compose pane. "Show more" comes up on mouseover. Click that and we
              get the "To:" field and other stuff above, then in the "To:" field,
              the drop-down menu comes with the little down-arrow offering all
              three "To" options, ie to Group, Sender and Owner.

              At 03:14 9/1/2013, you wrote:
              >So, when I tried to reply the site makes it appear that I am only
              >replying to one person, not the group. So in order to insure the
              >post is for the group I have to post a new message. I am tech savy,
              >but this change makes no sense whatsoever and takes way to much time
              >to figure out. Whos brainchild this was....I hope they do not
              >receive a pay bonus for this mess.
              >Greg in Regina

              Bruce Wilson
              Barrie, Ontario
              Life Member NMRA Member Gauge 0 Guild
              Member Scale 7 Group Member 7mm NGA
              Member Bird Studies Canada Member Ontario Bird Banding Association

            • b_quiring
              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 1, 2013
                The group also locks out non-members from seeing content.  What ever happen this seems like quite the step backward.     Brett Regina --- In saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, <wilsonb@...> wrote: From the FAQ link I posted earlier

                At 03:14 9/1/2013, you wrote:
                >So, when I tried to reply the site makes it appear that I am only
                >replying to one person, not the group. So in order to insure the
                >post is for the group I have to post a new message. I am tech savy,
                >but this change makes no sense whatsoever and takes way to much time
                >to figure out. Whos brainchild this was....I hope they do not
                >receive a pay bonus for this mess.
                >Greg in Regina

                Bruce Wilson
                Barrie, Ontario
                Life Member NMRA Member Gauge 0 Guild
                Member Scale 7 Group Member 7mm NGA
                Member Bird Studies Canada Member Ontario Bird Banding Association

              • gpkgreg
                Message 7 of 14 , Sep 1, 2013
                  Yes it is very unfortunate what they did to this site
                • Bruce Wilson
                  Message 8 of 14 , Sep 2, 2013
                    The owmer/moderator can make the changes. They need to click on
                    Management at the right end of the toolbar below the cover photo and
                    then select Control Panel and then Access Control to set up the new settings.

                    At 23:27 9/1/2013, you wrote:
                    >The group also locks out non-members from seeing content. What ever
                    >happen this seems like quite the step backward
                    > Brett Regina

                    Bruce Wilson
                    Barrie, Ontario
                    Life Member NMRA Member Gauge 0 Guild
                    Member Scale 7 Group Member 7mm NGA
                    Member Bird Studies Canada Member Ontario Bird Banding Association
                  • kmscouts
                    Message 9 of 14 , Sep 2, 2013
                      I assume we can change the image too.  I get a great shot of a cyclist but not very birding oriented.
                      Kevin

                      Message 10 of 14 , Sep 2, 2013
                        Yes:

                        1st thing you need is an image that is 1025 x 200 max or in a ratio
                        for that if smaller at 96 dpi. Mouse over the yahoops image at the
                        centre of the right side and a box Change Cover appears. Click it
                        and then select you cover image and OK. If you are happy with the way
                        it looks Click save and you are done.

                        I have used photo editing software to work with images to get the to
                        250 max height and then create a canvas size 1025 x 250 and place the
                        image where it want it usually centre of right side so it does not
                        interfere with the group description on lower the left.