Wood Ducks are back

  • auntielyk
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 29, 2013
       Spent a few minutes at Regina's Wascana Waterfowl Park yesterday morning and was happy to see 6 Wood Ducks!   AE Wilson Park was a great
      place to bird Monday morning.  I did the NW bridge area (Dorothy and Ritter)
      for about ¾ hour just before 8 then spent another 3 hours doing Boreal, Prairie
      and just west of Boreal. Highlighted species I hadn’t been seeing there until
      this summer.

      NW bridge area:

      7 Canada Geese

      Mallards

      Gadwalls

      Am Wigeons

      Greater Yellowlegs

      Atleast 4 Spotted
      Sandpipers —atleast one juvenile and atleast 2 still in breeding plumage

      10 Barn Swallows

      15+ Chipping Sparrows in
      Community Gardens

      2 House Wrens

      Mourning Doves

      House Sparrows

      Am Crows

      6 Gray Partridges
      along Ritter east of parking lot

      West of Boreal Island bridge:

      8+ Brown Thrashers in a loose
      flock

      3 YS N Flickers

      Am Robins

      2 Black-billed Magpies

      9 Am Crows flew over

      20+ Blackbird sp in a flock
      flew over

      Warbling Vireo

      Chipping Sparrows

      F Am Redstart

      6 Eastern Kingbirds

      Philadelphia
      Vireo 2 Black-capped Chickadees

      Red-Eyed Vireo

      Gray Catbird

      House Wren

        Boreal Island and water in
      area of islands:

      In addition to species
      previously seen—2 Pied-billed Grebes, N Shovelers, Blue-winged Teals

      Mourning Doves

      4+ Barn Swallows

      4 probable Ring-billed Gulls

      2 more Brown Thrashers

      Empid Flycatcher

      12 Cedar Waxwings

      Yellow Warblers

      M Baltimore Oriole

      6+ Am Goldfinches

      Prairie Island—most in east
      end:

      Mourning Doves

      50+ House Sparrows

      2 more Brown Thrashers

      1 more House Wren

      Clay-coloured Sparrows

      S ong Sparrow

      Empid Flycatcher

      Gray Catbird

      Imm M Common Yellowthroat

      F Wilson’s Warbler

      Orange-crowned Warbler Yellow Warblers and Am
      Goldfinches

      Dewdney and Kent when
      leaving:

      Swainson’s Hawk

      Looking forward to Fall birding, Laurie in Lakeridge, Regina
    • auntielyk