Sprague's Pipit

  • ae457kin
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 21, 2013
      Murphy's Law was at work on Sunday.

      On Sunday, Guy, Peter and Donna (G and D from Saskatoon) pulled up behind
      us as we looked at Hudsonian and Marbled Godwits on Luck Lake. We decided
      to bird together on the drive on the dike across the lake. About 10
      minutes after saying goodbye on the north shore, and only 300m up the
      road, we saw a small bird perched on a round bale of hay. Sprague's Pipit!
      One of Peter's target species for the day! We have photos if anyone is
      interested.

      Unfortunately, we did not exchange cell phone numbers, despite one birding
      tale where it was fortunately done.

      So who are we? A couple of birders from BC making our way home from the
      Society of Canadian Ornithologists metting in Winnipeg. We took a week to
      get from Calgary to Winnipeg so got quite a bit of birding done on the
      eastbound trip. I hope to post a summary soon.

      Sandra Kinsey
      Laird Law
      Prince George, BC