Re: visuals

  • lilliankaye@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 6 5:59 PM
      Hi, Bernard. Thanks! and thank goodness for Bob L (and others who've corrected me as a budding "second year starting my third" birder) that the dowitcher video is really Stilt Sandpipers!
      The camera is an older one (2 years being "old" in this day and age of obsolescence in electronics)- a Canon Power Shot SX40 HS.

      Fran. Regina

      --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, "bernardtremblay" <bernardtremblay@...> wrote:

      > Thanks Fran,
      >
      > I enjoy your visuals, especially the one with the bumper car eared grebe. By the way, what kind of video camera do you have ?
      >
      > Bernard. Regina.
      >
      > --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, "lilliankaye@" <lilliankaye@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Enjoying catching up on the Photos Folder - great cuckoo, etc. and Bernard - those Ibises are great - esp the 3rd of the 4 pics, when one clicks on "Large" or "Original". Wow!
      > >
      > > For those who enjoy visuals - the latest bunch of videos are up on youtube... the Baird's and Grasshopper Sparrows from Laurie, Mary and my "PFRA DAY"...
      > >
      > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXZEuF3edww
      > > Dowitchers at Buffer Lake, SK
      > >
      > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyvcQOp39m8
      > > Eared Grebes asleep - (bumper cars?)! at Brown's
      > >
      > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU4tj_robuE
      > > Sora @ Brown's Slough
      > >
      > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaJb2VXEPtI
      > > and
      > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cxmXpR1MJo
      > > Forster's Terns (young peeping) at Cinema 6
      > >
      > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=120riONBjz4
      > > Spotted Sandpiper adult non-breeding @ Cinema 6
      > >
      > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gof_dEQfTbU
      > > Pectoral Sandpipers @ Slough SW of Pense
      > >
      > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsPGNq07B8w
      > > Baird's Sparrow singing/preening PFRA area
      > >
      > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjEwWsrcz90
      > > Grasshopper sparrow (quiet song at beginning and louder song with a different song ending, near the end)
      > >
      > > Fran K from Regina

    • William Davenport
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 19 11:01 AM
        Hi Everyone

        Sandra Savage here - Bill and Sonia's daughter - visiting for a few mainly non-birding days and I wanted to report some highlights.

        A trip to the Goose Lake area yesterday yielded good numbers of yellowlegs and dowitchers, with appearances by Pectoral, Solitary, and Semipalmated Sandpipers. Of delight was a single Black-bellied Plover.

        Driving around that area, we also saw a Red-tailed hawk, Krider's Subspecies - sorry, no photo as it flew while I tried to get a photo.

        Today, in the yard, a male Canada Warbler kept me company for an entire minute, maybe more!!

        At the weir in Saskatoon, we watched a Spotted Sandpiper catch a decent-sized minnow and then put it down on the pavement to turn it around and then eat it. Closer to the Mendel Art Gallery, a juvenille Gray Catbird on the pathway and then drinking from a puddle, and, a bit further on, an adult Gray Catbird.

        Sandra Savage
        (Calgary) temporarily Saskatoon
        .