visuals

  • lilliankaye@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 6, 2013
      Enjoying catching up on the Photos Folder - great cuckoo, etc. and Bernard - those Ibises are great - esp the 3rd of the 4 pics, when one clicks on "Large" or "Original". Wow!

      For those who enjoy visuals - the latest bunch of videos are up on youtube... the Baird's and Grasshopper Sparrows from Laurie, Mary and my "PFRA DAY"...

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXZEuF3edww
      Dowitchers at Buffer Lake, SK

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyvcQOp39m8
      Eared Grebes asleep - (bumper cars?)! at Brown's

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU4tj_robuE
      Sora @ Brown's Slough

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaJb2VXEPtI
      and
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cxmXpR1MJo
      Forster's Terns (young peeping) at Cinema 6

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=120riONBjz4
      Spotted Sandpiper adult non-breeding @ Cinema 6

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gof_dEQfTbU
      Pectoral Sandpipers @ Slough SW of Pense

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsPGNq07B8w
      Baird's Sparrow singing/preening PFRA area

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjEwWsrcz90
      Grasshopper sparrow (quiet song at beginning and louder song with a different song ending, near the end)

      Fran K from Regina
    • bernardtremblay
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 6, 2013
        Thanks Fran,

        I enjoy your visuals, especially the one with the bumper car eared grebe. By the way, what kind of video camera do you have ?

        Bernard. Regina.

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 6, 2013
          Hi, Bernard. Thanks! and thank goodness for Bob L (and others who've corrected me as a budding "second year starting my third" birder) that the dowitcher video is really Stilt Sandpipers!
          The camera is an older one (2 years being "old" in this day and age of obsolescence in electronics)- a Canon Power Shot SX40 HS.

          Fran. Regina

          --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, "bernardtremblay" <bernardtremblay@...> wrote:

          > Thanks Fran,
          >
          > I enjoy your visuals, especially the one with the bumper car eared grebe. By the way, what kind of video camera do you have ?
          >
          > Bernard. Regina.
          >
          > --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, "lilliankaye@" <lilliankaye@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Enjoying catching up on the Photos Folder - great cuckoo, etc. and Bernard - those Ibises are great - esp the 3rd of the 4 pics, when one clicks on "Large" or "Original". Wow!
          > >
          > > For those who enjoy visuals - the latest bunch of videos are up on youtube... the Baird's and Grasshopper Sparrows from Laurie, Mary and my "PFRA DAY"...
          > >
          > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXZEuF3edww
          > > Dowitchers at Buffer Lake, SK
          > >
          > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyvcQOp39m8
          > > Eared Grebes asleep - (bumper cars?)! at Brown's
          > >
          > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU4tj_robuE
          > > Sora @ Brown's Slough
          > >
          > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaJb2VXEPtI
          > > and
          > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cxmXpR1MJo
          > > Forster's Terns (young peeping) at Cinema 6
          > >
          > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=120riONBjz4
          > > Spotted Sandpiper adult non-breeding @ Cinema 6
          > >
          > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gof_dEQfTbU
          > > Pectoral Sandpipers @ Slough SW of Pense
          > >
          > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsPGNq07B8w
          > > Baird's Sparrow singing/preening PFRA area
          > >
          > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjEwWsrcz90
          > > Grasshopper sparrow (quiet song at beginning and louder song with a different song ending, near the end)
          > >
          > > Fran K from Regina

        • William Davenport
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 19, 2013
            Hi Everyone

            Sandra Savage here - Bill and Sonia's daughter - visiting for a few mainly non-birding days and I wanted to report some highlights.

            A trip to the Goose Lake area yesterday yielded good numbers of yellowlegs and dowitchers, with appearances by Pectoral, Solitary, and Semipalmated Sandpipers. Of delight was a single Black-bellied Plover.

            Driving around that area, we also saw a Red-tailed hawk, Krider's Subspecies - sorry, no photo as it flew while I tried to get a photo.

            Today, in the yard, a male Canada Warbler kept me company for an entire minute, maybe more!!

            At the weir in Saskatoon, we watched a Spotted Sandpiper catch a decent-sized minnow and then put it down on the pavement to turn it around and then eat it. Closer to the Mendel Art Gallery, a juvenille Gray Catbird on the pathway and then drinking from a puddle, and, a bit further on, an adult Gray Catbird.

            Sandra Savage
            (Calgary) temporarily Saskatoon
            .