Shorebirds at Cinema 6 on the outskirts of Regina

  • rcwaters2001
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2013
      Bob and I finished our day at Cinema 6, Regina, CA-SK
      1-Aug-2013 3:30 PM - 4:00 PM
      Protocol: Stationary
      Comments: with Bob Luterbach
      18 species

      Snow Goose (Chen caerulescens) 1 Blue goose - record photo taken
      Canada Goose (Branta canadensis) X
      Mallard (Anas platyrhynchos) X
      Northern Shoveler (Anas clypeata) X
      Eared Grebe (Podiceps nigricollis) 1
      American Coot (Fulica americana) X
      Black-bellied Plover (Pluvialis squatarola) 14
      Killdeer (Charadrius vociferus) X
      American Avocet (Recurvirostra americana) 25
      Solitary Sandpiper (Tringa solitaria) 1
      Lesser Yellowlegs (Tringa flavipes) X
      Semipalmated Sandpiper (Calidris pusilla) 3
      Buff-breasted Sandpiper (Tryngites subruficollis) 1 seen well through the scope, a small/medium sized sandpiper with buff tones all over, scaly appearance created by the black centres and buffy edges on the back, small rounded head, yellow legs, short and straight bill, faithful to dry areas on the point.
      Wilson's Phalarope (Phalaropus tricolor) X
      Black Tern (Chlidonias niger) 3
      Forster's Tern (Sterna forsteri) 1
      Rock Pigeon (Columba livia) X
      Mourning Dove (Zenaida macroura) X

      We had about twenty Buteos along the road on the way back from Avonlea, the large majority were Red-tailed Hawks.

      View this checklist online at http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S14845634

      This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (http://ebird.org/canada)