Re: [Saskbirds] solitary birds

  • Ralph Goff
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 6, 2013
      On 6/6/2013 10:22 AM, Shadick, Stan wrote:
      > Ralph,
      >
      > In recent years, we have had a few isolated pairs of Sandhill Cranes nesting in the Saskatoon birding area. You should keep an eye open for a nest in an isolated location.

      I will certainly be watching, and listening, for the crane. The call is
      what caught my attention. Not the kind of bird call I usually hear at
      this time of year. I was able to get a long range photo of it. Not so
      with last night's goose. I knew if I stopped the tractor it would fly
      before I could get the picture so I just let the video run while I drove
      closer to it and did get a short video of the goose flying away.

      Ralph at Lipton

    • el_supremo01
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 6, 2013
        Last week I saw a single adult Sandhill Crane in a field about 2 miles southeast of the Patience Lake mine.

        Pete
        Saskatoon