Northern Pintail

  • valndoyle
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 22 2:07 PM
      Observed on a water gathering in the field east of us -
      Approx. 60 NOTHERN PINTAILS
      200+ Canada Geese
      6 Mallards

      In our yard:

      2 American Crows
      1 American Robin
      2 Hairy Woodpeckers
      1 Downy Woodpecker
      2 European Starlings
      1 American Tree Sparrow
      1 Black-capped Chickadee
      4 Black-billed Magpies
      25 English House Sparrows
      3 Fox Squirrels
    • Kathy H
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 5, 2012
        Hello Birders:

        There is a Northern Pintail (male) at the Estevan Sewer Lagoons (may be new for the group Winter List). Also at the lagoons: a Gadwall (male) plus 30 or so Mallards. A couple days ago, there was a Green-winged Teal (male).

        New for my own winter list:
        Bohemian Waxwings, 300+ (in the valley). These are new for my 2012 year list as well.
        Northern Shrikes, 2 (near the new Woodlawn Park at Boundary)
        Mourning Doves, 2 (in town)
        Merlin, 1 (in town)
        White-winged Crossbills, 3-4 (my spruce tree)
        American Robins, 6 (not in town)
        Great Horned Owl, 1

        There are at least 31 American Coots in and around the hot water outflow at Boundary. The ice edge is down directly below Sunset Subdivision. Thousands of Canada Geese, with some Cackling Geese mixed in, were gathered there this morning.

        Overall, it was a 30 species day.

        Kathy Hedegard
        Estevan, SK

      • Alaina Armbruster
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 5, 2012
          Awesome!! Bohemians, Shrikes, and Cackling geese would all be new for me..

          To: Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com