Snowy Owls NW of Regina

  • auntielyk
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 5, 2013
      Haven't posted for some time so decided today would be a good day to check in!

      Sunday I saw a M Merlin on Argyle St overpass.

      Yesterday I was happy to be one of the Sask Bird subscribers to see the Gyrfalcon Jim reported! Thanks Jim!

      This morning Fran and Kim and I walked in Dieppe and AE Wilson park and saw:
      3+ Common Ravens
      4 Black-billed Magpies
      4 House Finch
      30+ Common Redpolls
      12+ Red Crossbills
      8 White-winged Crossbills
      M Downy Woodpecker
      3+ Red-breasted Nuthatches
      House Sparrows

      At the NW bridge of AE Wilson Park I later saw a pair of Mallards and a small flock of Common Redpolls with numerous House Sparrows in a crabapple tree as well as the usual Black-billed Magpie.

      Highlights of my trip to and from the park via Pinkie Rd loop:
      Snowy Owl on Courtney N of 9th Avenue
      Snowy Owl on Pinkie Rd south of Goulet Golf Course, also a raven
      Snowy Owl on McCarthy N of Armour Rd

      A late afternoon walk in Lakeridge Park produced
      3+ Red-breasted Nuthatches
      1 Black-capped Chickadee
      5 White-winged Crossbills
      30+ Common Redpolls
      2 Rock Pigeons
      40+ House Sparrows
      White-tailed Jackrabbit

      At my feeders today:
      10 House Sparrows
      Pair of Red-breasted Nuthatches
      12+ Common Redpolls
      One House Mouse
      Yesterday I also had a F House Finch and a fly-over by a Common Raven.

      Enjoying everyone's posts!!
      Laurie in Lakeridge, Regina
    • Laurie Koepke
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 5, 2013
        Missed the Eastern Grey Squirrel and a half dozen Fox Squirrels we saw in Dieppe!
        Laurie