Ravens in Regina

  • bobluterbach
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2013
      Ravens enjoy playing/soaring  in the wind currents near cliffs or over tall buildings. Apparently, many were engaged in this activity early this evening.

      I just received a phone call from Jim Nordquist who is downtown saying that just recently stopped counting at 75+ the numbers of Ravens passing by and later flying/soaring either downtown or clearly visible a few blocks away in direction of the Mosaic Football Stadium. He guesses that there may have been another 20 or so in the loose flock.

      These numbers are consistent with the Regina CBC tally of 99 birds. Many of these are no doubt foraging nearby to the northeast at the City Dump.

      I was earlier somewhat sceptical of these CBC numbers thinking that there were possibly double counts. I now have changed my mind on the basis of this report from one very reliable observer.viewing from one location.

      Jim jokes that this could be an omen for a victory for Baltimore tomorrow in the Super Bowl.:_)

      Enjoy your birding