Hello

  • jem_387
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 1, 2013
      Just wanted to say Hi. I'm new to the group. I'm an avid bird photographer so I'm hoping to get some dieas when and where species are showing up. I recently had a Varied Thrush in my front yard which is odd because my understanding is that they are primary a pacific bird and normally don't migrate east of BC or this time of year north of Oregon. A bit of a mystery.

      //john
    • jem_387
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 1, 2013
        I uploaded a couple of pictures of the Thrush in the photo album

        --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, "jem_387" wrote:

        > Just wanted to say Hi. I'm new to the group. I'm an avid bird photographer so I'm hoping to get some dieas when and where species are showing up. I recently had a Varied Thrush in my front yard which is odd because my understanding is that they are primary a pacific bird and normally don't migrate east of BC or this time of year north of Oregon. A bit of a mystery.
        >
        > //john

      • huxley2020
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 1, 2013
          Great pix John

          The thrush looks a little grouchy and cold. Like most "people" who migrate from the west coast to SK.

          Welcome by the way.

          dale
          saskatoon

          --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, "jem_387" wrote:

          > I uploaded a couple of pictures of the Thrush in the photo album
          >
          > --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, "jem_387" wrote:
          > >
          > > Just wanted to say Hi. I'm new to the group. I'm an avid bird photographer so I'm hoping to get some dieas when and where species are showing up. I recently had a Varied Thrush in my front yard which is odd because my understanding is that they are primary a pacific bird and normally don't migrate east of BC or this time of year north of Oregon. A bit of a mystery.
          > >
          > > //john

        • jem_387
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 1, 2013
            Thanks.

            --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, "huxley2020" wrote:

            > Great pix John
            >
            > The thrush looks a little grouchy and cold. Like most "people" who migrate from the west coast to SK.
            >
            > Welcome by the way.
            >
            > dale
            > saskatoon
            >
            > --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, "jem_387" wrote:
            > >
            > > I uploaded a couple of pictures of the Thrush in the photo album
            > >
            > > --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, "jem_387" wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Just wanted to say Hi. I'm new to the group. I'm an avid bird photographer so I'm hoping to get some dieas when and where species are showing up. I recently had a Varied Thrush in my front yard which is odd because my understanding is that they are primary a pacific bird and normally don't migrate east of BC or this time of year north of Oregon. A bit of a mystery.
            > > >
            > > > //john

          • Jack Monteith
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 1, 2013
              Welcome aboard and great pics. Varied Thrushes are seen every now and then in Saskatchewan. There was one reported from Swift Current on Dec. 28th. One showed up here in June of 2011.

              Where, town or city, did you see yours.

              Jack, north of Balcarres
            • jem_387
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 1, 2013
                He was in my front yard in Lumsden. I think my birdfeeder is where all the cool birds (and squirrels, and deer) hang out.

                //john

                --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Monteith" wrote:

                > Welcome aboard and great pics. Varied Thrushes are seen every now and then in Saskatchewan. There was one reported from Swift Current on Dec. 28th. One showed up here in June of 2011.
                >
                > Where, town or city, did you see yours.
                >
                > Jack, north of Balcarres

              • jem_387
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 1, 2013
                  From the look on his face, he must of been thinking, "where the hell did I take a wrong turn!!!"

                  --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, "jem_387" wrote:

                  > He was in my front yard in Lumsden. I think my birdfeeder is where all the cool birds (and squirrels, and deer) hang out.
                  >
                  > //john
                  >
                  > --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Monteith" wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Welcome aboard and great pics. Varied Thrushes are seen every now and then in Saskatchewan. There was one reported from Swift Current on Dec. 28th. One showed up here in June of 2011.
                  > >
                  > > Where, town or city, did you see yours.
                  > >
                  > > Jack, north of Balcarres

                • Scott Manly
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 1, 2013
                    So I will be in Swift Current this weekend and would love to find that Varied Thrush or Townsend's Solitaire I have seen reported there.

                    Can anyone give me an address or directions as to where to look?

                    Thanks,
                    Scott Manly
                    Moose Jaw

                  • Alaina Armbruster
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 1, 2013
                      Nice to Meet ya! Where are you from? got a couple great photographers on here..
                      To: Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com
                      From: j.meed@...
                      Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 20:23:48 +0000
                      Subject: [Saskbirds] Hello