regina am Jan 1st

  • Jim Nordquist
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2013
      My first bird of the year was a red breasted nuthatch followed quickly by three more RBNU ,two chickadees and one RED house finch. I am not shouting,it was just really RED. This was under the tree where I offer my BO Sunflower seed. Went for a two K walk and saw two batches of WW Crossbills. Got home ,jumped in the car to take papers to the recycling(which was full,grrr) saw four partridges in the rugby field. They have been there for a while. Turned the corner at Albert and 25th ave and saw two ravens soaring in formation over the old sherwood house motel. Cool. I got home,parked the car in the garage and heard a BBmagpie call. I looked out in time to see 8 of them flying across Millar cres. Dale’s deer carcass must be popular.
      Jim Nordquist
      Regina Sask.